Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dream Card Acquired

Reactions: 
As a kid, my favorite player was Ozzie Smith.  He was the first player I knew in Major League Baseball.

One year for Christmas, I was lucky enough to get a perfectly centered Ozzie Smith RC.  I mean it -- PERFECTLY centered.  The corners were a tad worn, but the card was otherwise flawless.  And if you know the background behind the Ozzie RC, you know it's virtually impossible to find a perfectly centered card. In my eyes it was a one of a kind card.

In college, the Ozzie card was stolen.  As the single most important card in my collection, it was a tough loss.  

I've searched to find a replacement for years but have never been satisfied with the centering.  That is, until this week.  Check it out!


Granted, it's not a 100% perfect center, but it is dang close!  It's the best one I've ever seen, save for th eone I had before.

And did I mention this was just $12?!

This leaves one single card left in my wishlist.  2009 Topps Zack Greinke (Black Wal Mart Border).  It retails for only $0.50 or $1.00 but is quite impossible to find.

I would also splurge on a Soria or De La Rosa bobblehead, were their teams ever to give one away.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks!

    Also, it sounds like my last card may also be on its way too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome.

    The Ozzie is on my all-time list.

    Those sideburns.

    Oh, and the impressive HOF career.

    ReplyDelete