First Place!


Jorge De La Rosa, Colorado Rockies
Tribute to 1954 Topps
by Goose Joak

It has been a long, hard road back to the top -- and there's no guarantee I'll stay there -- but man was it satisfying to wake up and see THIS:


You can see the incredible race at the top. Four teams at the top are within 2.5 points of each other. The guy at 78.5 (Matt) has been in first place as recently as one week ago.

It's literally neck and neck, too. I have a one run advantage over one team, and am one run back of another. I am tied in WHIP, tied in Wins, one save back of first, .001 ahead of someone in slugging, .001 ahead of someone in on base, .01 ahead of someone in ERA...I mean, it's super close, and not just for me.

Since my mega trades:

I traded
Hanley .431 / .550 (23, 20, 9)
for
Kemp .355 / .623 (23, 32, 8)
Rollins .284 / .489 (19, 14, 8)

I traded
Greinke (3 win, 56 K/49 IP) 3.12 ERA & 1.08 WHIP
for
Holliday .405 / .640 (22, 28, 1)

Kemp has turned into a monster. I gave up some keeper value and OBP in Hanley but I'm way behind in that category, basically punting at this point. I am even in OBP points and up 3 or 4 points in slugging since then, plus up in R and RBI 2 or 3 points.

Trading Greinke hasn't hurt much, since Cliff Lee turned into CC Sabathia circa 2008 and Neftali Feliz has been unhittable.

Not saying I can keep it up, been then again I'm not saying the opposite. I've been telling my wife for weeks now that I could come back and win this thing.

We'll have to see!

Comments

  1. Number one I love how you report your fantasy team's status to your wife.

    Number two, great great trades you made. I wasn't too sure at the time, but especially now that Hanley has proven once again that he's crazy it is paying off.

    Number three, this is a classic example of if you don't give up in June and keep changing your lineup, make two free agent adds, get the best of one or two trades that you can still win.

    Number four, I also am beginning to see the light in first place. StatTracker has me there in my head to head league right now. I had lost 7 of the first 8 matchups I had this season and was in last through 8 weeks. I have gone undefeated in matchups in the 14 weeks since then. Thank you Ubaldo Jimenez of all people for turning the culture and chemistry of the club.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this comment...

    Best of luck Schruender. I'm pulling for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment