Sunday, June 28, 2009

Giving it everything you've got

Reactions: 

David Eckstein, San Diego Padres
by Goose Joak

The luckiest WS MVP of all time. That said, he is a fascinating player to watch.

Eckstein's throws across the diamond require a total body effort. You can tell that from the picture on this card.

I like how his jersey is dirty, too. That's a detail I didn't notice at first but was glad that I captured. It's representative of his athleticism and style of play.

Eckstein has been a SS most of his career. This year, the Padres took mercy on his body and finally made him a 2B. I think this is a much better fit for his current skill set. While Eckstein used to be a pretty good defender for Anaheim back in the day, he has regressed a bit in recent years.

Supposedly Eckstein weighs 170 pounds. Not much for a ballplayer, but he's listed at 5' 6". Does that sound right to you? I'm two inches taller and weigh a decent amount less than that. In an effort to validate, I've been searching for a shirtless picture of Eckstein. Perhaps he's ripped!

3 comments:

  1. dude. put down the trackball and go outside for some air. if you are seriously searching the internet for shirtless pics of david eckstein, it's time for a break.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs. Joak says: "At least he's not searching for shirtless pictures of Britney Spears!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was never a fan of Eckstein... Until he came to the Padres. Seeing him almost every day, you really get an appreciation for the hustle and all-out effort. I am bummed he is on the DL...

    ReplyDelete