The the Angels Angels

"The Los Angeles Angels (of Anaheim)"

Doesn't that roughly translate into "the the angels angels?" Maybe my Spanish is pretty bad, so help me out if I'm missing something!

That said, here are some Anaheim Angels cards for your enjoyment!


Ervin Santana, Anaheim Angels
by Addicted to Wax

Big Erv! Anybody who listens to the Fantasy 411 should have a soft spot in their heart for Ervin Santana.


Erick Aybar, Anaheim Angels
by Addicted to Wax

The Anaheim Angels seem to have a lot of trouble creating home-grown superstars (outside the rotation, anyway). It seems they've had bust after bust come through their system. But they sure do have a lot of versatile, average-ish, non-prospect players who can handle a bat and hold their own in the field. Aybar seems to fit this mold.


Kelvim Escobar, Anaheim Angels
by Goose Joak

One of my favorite players. According to Charlie, he might be back sooner than expected.


Jered Weaver, Anaheim Angels
by Goose Joak

Filth Jr.! I was surprised to see his brother down at Dodgers camp.

Speaking of Jeff, why would any reclamation project ever leave the watchful eye of Dave Duncan or Leo Mazzone (read: Jaret Wright)? To cash in, I suppose. But still...would you rather be paid fairly to be good or be paid more to be mediocre or bad?


Freddy Sandoval, Anaheim Angels
by Goose Joak

A shout out to Jesse from Jesse's Cards. Here's your Freddy!


Juan Rivera, Anaheim Angels
by Addicted to Wax

Sweet shot of Juan. He may get squeezed for playing time this year, which is really too bad. He's proven to be a fairly effective hitter when healthy.

Hope you enjoyed the Angels cards. Thanks Mike!! These are fantastic cards as always.

Comments

  1. Awesome! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG ERV starting at home!

    BTW, I don't think my comment went through on your fantasy team post.

    I like Power and value in pitching (don't agree with Cliff Lee in the 6th)

    I don't like team batting average.

    Good luck! Opening day is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Charlie! Luckily it's an OBP league instead of average, otherwise I'd feel worried too.

    I took grief from Schruender as well on Cliff Lee. But I'll stick to my guns for now. I'm not banking on 22 wins or anything. I just think it's hard to fake that K/BB rate. Getting a 3.50 ERA, 1.20 WHIP out of him seems reasonable, and the pitchers taken around him were pretty comparable. Maybe I should have reached on a bat at that point, but I really love the lineup I have.

    Fun stuff -- hope you post some of your teams as well. I really enjoyed all your mock drafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strangely enough that is probably the highest I've taken a SP in the last four or five years. I know guys taken in the last round (or undrafted) will come out of nowhere and match his regressed stats, but I think he is a bankable commodity and perhaps that was the attraction, pairing him with the high upside, mid-level risks like Greinke, Nolasco and Marshall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Jesse, you're welcome! Fun to make.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment