Tribute to 1956 Topps - Clayton Kershaw

Clayton Kershaw
Tribute to 1956 Topps
by Goose Joak

Kershaw is an outstanding young pitcher for the Dodgers.  We saw him hit a home run in Spring Training last year.  It was on his 21st birthday, too!

This is one of my reader requests that's taken me a while to get to.  Chris shared an awesome story about seeing this set for the first time and instantly falling in love with the design.  His favorite is the Ernie Banks card.  I don't blame him -- this is an awesome looking, all time classic set.  

I love reading stories about people's favorite sets, and what made them fall in love with collecting.  So I was more than happy to make this card for Chris!  For those who may not know, my all time favorite set is 1991 Donruss.  Not quite the same aesthetic as '56 Topps, but for me it generated exactly the same kind of affection that I could relate to with the story Chris shared.

Up next on the request list is a super custom card...with a custom logo even!  That's all I can say for now!

Thanks Chris for reading and thanks for the excellent suggestion.

Comments

  1. A guy who likes Clayton Kershaw and the '56 Topps set? I think Chris and I are the same person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I absolutely love it: better than expected. Thanks for going out of your way to give this gift to a mourning Dodgers fan. Kershaw is our only hope.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment