Welcome, Jose Reyes

The revamping of Pure Capsaicin (formerly Bhut Jolokia) continues.  I can now add Jose Reyes to the list of probable keepers.  

I've been trying to acquire Jose for years.  However, I was on the side of Hanley Ramirez in the debate between who would be the more valuable fantasy commodity.  You know,  back when it was still a debate.

Anyway, glad I was finally able to pull it off.

Jose Reyes
2010 Goose Joak Original
by Goose Joak

Jose Reyes
2010 Goose Joak Original
by Goose Joak

To get Jose, I gave up useful but not keeper-level players.  It came down to Mark Reynolds, Pablo Sandoval, B.J. Upton and Brennan Boesch.  Useful for the other guy but not really doing anything for me this year.

I got a few other players in return besides Reyes but they are just window dressing for the trade to go through.

Ultimately that leaves me with Utley (1st or 2nd best 2B), Reyes (2nd best SS), Lincecum (best SP?) and Greinke (high upside SP).  I am still looking at potential deals, as I'd prefer three bats and one starter instead of two each.  So maybe I can ride Beltran to a hot streak, unload him and Lincecum for something nice at 3B/1B/OF.  We'll see!

Comments

  1. Try to land Carlos Gonzalez.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like Carlos Gonzalez. The Rockies have such an amazing outfield, really. It's a joy to watch them all play. Smith, Spilborghs, Carlos, Fowler, Hawpe are all legitimate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to pry him from my dead fingers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I said I would protect Pablo, but you'll get him back!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment