Please Tell Me What Card to Make - Stan Musial

I have been toying with a black and white photograph of Stan Musial.

Here's what I've got so far:

Now that it's in color, I'd like to use this photograph on a baseball card.  Any suggestions on what baseball card (year and set) I should go for?  Anything is fair game.

For those who may be interested in how to color a black and white photograph, I've added the following picture below.  Here, I set all my layers to "normal" filter instead of "color."  That way you can see how I made it.


Interestingly enough I didn't paint the jersey since I figured the gray looked ok as it was.

Comments

  1. 2004 upper deck legends timeless teams.

    and how did you get it from b&w to color?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool suggestions. If I went Studio, I may have to go 1992 Studio since the '91 set is all B&W.

    gcrl, do you have a pic of the 2004 set? I wasn't fortunate enough to find one on checkoutmycards.com!

    As far as the color, I added new layers for each color and then set the filter for that layer as color. I would then paint in that area with a paintbrush, guessing at the color (i.e. yellow for the cardinal bat). Then once I had an area colored in, I would tweak the color to match what it really needed to be using hue/saturation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to do a 1994 Upper Deck for a long time!! I'm just starting to get a feel for gold/foil stamping so that might be a good candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you should do one of the Bowman Heritage sets. 06 or 07...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Scouts are comparing Tyler Colvin to Stan Musial." - Tim Kurkjian on Opening Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Timmy...I smell a '92 Pinnacle Rookie Idols card now! Great suggestions all around. I have a lot of good ones to chose from now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment