Goose Joak - What's this? Graffiti Original 2010?

Today I happened upon a blog called "Detroit Tigers Cards and Stuff." Apparently the blogger, Robby, has been making his own custom cards for quite a while. Some really neat stuff. It's a shame it took me until today to learn about it. I've been a bit out of the baseball card loop for a while now.

Anyway, Robby even spun the idea off into a second blog, "RobbyT Cards," devoted entirely to his custom cards. Definitely check it out. The designs are first rate originals, with a very classic feel. And he's updating them as the baseball playoffs are going on!

To me, his cards are incredible. And it inspired a bit of creativity this afternoon...if you'll allow me:


Joakim Soria, Kansas City Royals
Goose Joak Original 2010??
by Goose Joak

Hey check it out...my handwriting is on a baseball card! Thanks to my wife for finding the amazing fontcapture.com. With this site, you can turn your own handwriting into a font. All you need is a scanner and a printer. It took me about 15 minutes total to do...and I love it!

Anyway, my card looks nothing like Robby's, but seeing Robby's stuff definitely gave me inspiration to come up with something new. It's always fun when someone else surprises you -- especially when you then surprise yourself.

Hope you enjoy! Happy playoffs everybody.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the head's up on Robby's blogs - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment